Friday, 26 February 2010

woman shed


Instead of shack on pine clad hill (last post) am building my own studio (woman shed) out of half of our garage. When I say I am building, I mean our super builder is doing most of it, as my DIY skills do not really exist except in my head. Mark can build things, but in a parallel universe where time is of a different length.
'The stick', a piece of timber which once edged the tongue and groove wood in our bedroom since 1975, has been hanging at a jaunty angle since we moved in 3 years ago. It has been discussed over numerous cups of morning tea, but it's still at the same position. Imagine thus the enormity of a studio build project . . hence bank loan and builder.
Here is a photo of garage becoming studio, and following another of the interior as it was yesterday. (sorry, painfully boring except to me). Today I painted it again, and it is now a clean bright space. It's the first time I have had an actual dedicated studio space or shed to retreat to. The thought of being able to say 'I'm going to my studio for a couple of hours' is novel.
No through traffic, no one asking for a cheese sandwich, or the whereabouts of their pants . . .

1 comment:

  1. You're kidding!!! They will follow you, sure as eggs is eggs. Suggest a barbed wire fence and intercom system.

    ReplyDelete