Friday, 8 April 2011

Grand design


Just in case we forget how totally amazing nature is.
Makes me feel somehow hopeful, despite us unloading toxins into the air/soil/sea, that the natural world will prevail. Talking of dumping stuff in the sea, I read with amazement that the hole in the crippled nuclear power staion in Japan has been blocked with a mixture of.....sawdust newspaper and a form of liquid glass. I remember doing exactly that to my cousin's red spitfire in about 1976, surely things must have have moved on a bit...?
Anyway back to the vegetable featured above.
Well not much really, except that when I see these green kings of legume world I just have to spend quite a bit of time in wonder. Ezra says he saw an 'expose' about them in the Paris science museum. Even under super magnification the spirals keep on going seemingly into infinity. Well it makes a change from thinking what is outside our universe, where does it end? etc...but similarly brain taxing on a slightly different scale.
Enough, back to the washing up and cat hair removal. Safe small activities of no wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment