Wednesday 4 January 2012

Post for no reason.


I was trying to find some images to send to my mum, us looking adorable etc. Difficult as this time of year as we retreat ever further into old woollen layers that should have been disposed of last year. Mark has his second skin firmly established; this year a black zippy cardigan. I was able to remove it yesterday, and it hangs in a never ending final rinse in the rain as I write. He is no doubt shivering in something unspeakable that he found in the back of the cupboard as he teaches in Esperaza.
Anyway . . . I saw this fish image that I took in, I think, Gruissan aquarium, and was struck with the realisation that this is a good argument for the non-existance of God, or the exsistance, providing he or she has an excellent sense of humour.
Why would anyone bother to craft such a ludicrous beast unless it was going to feature in a Dickens novel as Mr Crudworth-Pipenostril. Perhaps I am being unfair, I can't remember reading the panel of information on the fish species, I'm sure it has a very good reason for having this magnificent protruberance, other than to cause me to smile on this gloomy grey day.

2 comments:

  1. I think Mr Crudworth-Pipenostril is rather handsome. Plus he looks like he doesn't give a fuck and that's got to be a good thing; no wonder he made you smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I can read my comments at last!! they always came up as black on a black backgound. Something has mysteriously changed!
      Glad you liked him!

      Delete