Sunday 17 February 2013

February 2

Why was I complaining in the last post? What a lovely month - yesterday and today, anyway.
After dim, freezing days the sun and shining countryside is extraordinary. Everyone seems happy. Even Ezra who professes to like drizzle and cold misty days, had to admit it is beautiful today.
Here is my favourite view above Limoux: olive field, pine trees and a little cabin which I believe is called 'quatre vents' (four winds) which I can imagine is very apt during a lot of the year.
                                     



I went out yesterday in the late afternoon sun and joined the 'goudils' prancing around the square. (Not me as the Queen or Green Man) Goudils meaning the people who dance behind the main Carnaval group of the day. It was packed: nuns with false breasts, cave men, monks clutching cheeky magazines, snowboarders, clowns and a group of chefs cavorting with leeks, dodgy pieces of horse meat (topical) and a huge soup pot on wheels. Leeks feature a lot in the carnaval, as do raw fish, presidential masks, dildos, false parts of bodies and as mentioned before, nuns and other ecclesiastical figures.


No comments:

Post a Comment