Thursday, 8 January 2015

And no religion too . . .




Religion as defined by the on-line dictionary - with no mention of storming into newspaper offices with loaded weaponry.

A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.


I don't know what I follow: never have done, possibly paganism if anything - gawper at the stars, general believer in humans being insignificant specks on this monster ball in space and mostly fucking it up for all other life forms.
I do remember going to a Bar Mitzvah in Tottenham when I was about six with Mum and her sighing as she said: "I really do wish I could believe in a religion."
We did regularly to go to church — for jumble sales, and despite not observing anything much more than BIG events, such as Christmas, I have always shared her fascination over religion, and the slight envy at people being able to believe in there being someone/something overseeing all this mayhem.
Today it seems even more unlikely (see last post) and I feel happier just being a wonderer; the slight envy? Finally gone.









No comments:

Post a Comment