Tuesday 29 September 2009

I woke up this mornin' . . .



Actually this was about two months ago, but the same things apply. Blank canvas and the blues. I don't know what it is about blues songs: Blind Willie Johnson, Frankie Half-Pint Jaxon, Memphis jug band, Pine Top Smith, great names, great songs. Can't remember which one it is, but how's this for lyrics: 'she's got ways like a mowin' machine.' wow!
The one on this film starts with words about blood-spattered walls . . . REAL blue, but somehow I find it cheering?
Is it the familiar format of the tune? The true heart of the words? Dunno, but if I'm ever challenged with the start of a painting or massive overload of housework . . . on go the blues.
This film features my studio (corner of sitting room at the moment), two very hot summer dogs and procrastination cookery (start of apple sauce).

No comments:

Post a Comment