Thursday 8 January 2015

And no religion too . . .




Religion as defined by the on-line dictionary - with no mention of storming into newspaper offices with loaded weaponry.

A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.


I don't know what I follow: never have done, possibly paganism if anything - gawper at the stars, general believer in humans being insignificant specks on this space-sphere and mostly fucking it up for all other life forms.
I recall going to a Bar Mitzvah in Tottenham when I was about six with Mum and her sighing as she said: "I really do wish I could believe in a religion."
We did regularly to go to church - for jumble sales, and despite not observing anything much more than BIG events, such as Christmas, I've always shared her fascination for religion, and the slight envy at people being able to believe in there being someone/something overseeing all this mayhem.
Today, it seems even more unlikely (see last post) and I feel happier just being a wonderer; the slight envy? Gone.









No comments:

Post a Comment