Monday 9 January 2023

moments in time

Whilst trying to find a certain drawing a couple of days ago I happened upon one of those not-sure-what-to-do-with-all-this piles of stuff and found this photo which zipped me straight back to early childhood and the mad and friendly family Mum used to 'house' me with when she was trying to hold down a teaching job.

There are other photos but this one feels like the real me then and still now - rather chaotic hair, laughing, second hand clothing - I do recall that red coat - plaster adhered to somewhere on my person where I've done a bit too much of something in the garden.

I can't remember the name of my little friend; Sarah, possibly. I hope she may have a copy of the photo too  and sometimes reflect on those days in a north London garden with her playmate.




No comments:

Post a Comment