Tuesday 2 July 2024

London wanderings, Number . . . I've forgotten.

There have been many recorded on this blog, and here's one from this June. At the end of a round UK trip of a couple of weeks visiting lovely friends and family I rounded it off with a three night stop in my home city, and the best B and B I can honestly remember - an elegant semi in south London stuffed with art, lovely objects, incredible garden, and run by marvellous hosts.

I'm currently working on paintings based on sketches in London - mainly from train windows, and so now how have a good stock built up, mainly from around Greenwich, east London and Highgate - the areas I was doing most of my wanderings, as ever exploring and marvelling over how many undiscovered-by-me places this fascinating city holds even after living there for years, and all the trips since. 





                                    Wig world and carpet corner - new to me bits of South and North London


Lewisham


Greenwich - somewhat different skyline from when I last visited about 30 years ago


Finds from Thames mud near London Bridge


Any problem solved . . . including removal of evil spirits


I would have brought one back . . . just a tad too heavy





but can wear tuxedos?


A very scary clothes shop somewhere on the Strand - I think


The Golden Hind - near Borough Market

 

I enjoyed a gawp-trip into Selfridges


The stupidest bag - ever (reduced to 690 quid )


The ugliest and most expensive training shoe (s) - presume you get two for over 1,000 pounds


The most ludicrous food product - the smallest gold tin of caviar, 900 quid


The most bemused people - other than me - a group of Tibetan monks who had been 'let out' for a day, according their diminutive female minder, from somewhere in Woking - not an average Best Western I imagine










No comments:

Post a Comment