Thursday 6 August 2020

To throw or not to throw...

Think I must have blogged this before, possibly twice, but here I am again at the same point . . . massive clear out and assessment of what to keep, work-wise.
I don't need to keep old manuscripts; everything is now in a self-published or traditionally published book, and if I had kept every first, second, third, fourth, etc draft I would now have a large room completely full of spiral bound white paper books. 
There's something comforting about them sitting there; some visual reminder of all the millions of words and phrases sweated and grimaced over. But there is nothing like a good purge, so a revisit to the dump was decided upon this morning. Nothing like moving house to highlight the importance of not hanging on to stuff...



unsuspecting manuscripts



No comments:

Post a Comment