but, I'm trying to learn a bit about . . .
Anyone following this blog will know I am deeply sceptical of almost anything A I related, mainly as being involved in the art and music worlds it's terribly depressing to watch everything heading slop-wise, well, not everything, but far to much. Plus of course adding massive problems to our already overloaded planetary bio systems.
Following on from a few posts back where I posted an at-that-time recent video by someone who really knew their A I stuff, this is an up to date look at where we are at. And, if what he says is true . . . well, humankind sawing off the branch we are sitting on seems to be a 100 % understatement.
It's a complex subject and I've watched this through twice to try and gain at least the basics. Great interview with some weirdly funny moments like where Conner states that in the last decades that the AI firms have domesticated the nerds - come in, free food, endless math, great wages, I paraphrase as I can't find the exact bit now.
As someone trying to write a futurist novel set in 2093, imagining what happens next up until that point is beyond a challenge. Think I'll just leave a sort of blank and the reader can fill it in with their own ideas of apocalyptic events. There's a few to choose from . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment