Saturday 9 June 2012

Funny thing life, No 2765,000

I went to Marseille yesterday with Claire. I hadn't been since we nearly changed direction, sold up in Limoux and moved, but didn't . . .That was an odd few months. I had been standing with Mark on the hill of Notre Dame de la Garde about six years ago, looking at the splendid city, the sea and the white chalky mountains. "I could live here," I said. Mark was keen, we put the house up for sale, sold it and then realised Marseille was a step too far. I looked at a flat in this block at the back of the photo, about the same price as a large villa in Limoux. Where would Mark teach, where would we put all the stuff . . . So we moved about half a mile up the road in Limoux, and I'm glad. It was great to be back though, and I think the whole episode was one of those points where you take stock, throw 60 percent of unnecessary things out, and start afresh. Anyway, we had a grand day out: spend hours queuing in an office for a visa for Claire, ate ,moules looking at the sea, got in the sea, and even saw a famous person.

No comments:

Post a Comment