Tuesday 21 April 2020

Hoxton Radio interview




Well, with a name like that they had to interview a Londoner whose novel features a leading character with the same name.

The interview went out last night and although I listened waiting to cringe somewhat it was really okay. Jordan Scudder (could also have been a character in my book with such a name) was an excellent interviewer, making me feel totally relaxed - good preparation for appearing on Woman's Hour/ desert Island discs... one can dream.

The only tricky point was when he asked me on the spot for a record that would have relevance to Londonia. Complete blank and then thought of about fifty possibilities three minutes after the interview had finished. Anyway, oddly this does make me think of the book, so my sub-conscious must have taken over, which it often does in my writing process.

Great video too.

No comments:

Post a Comment