Thursday 11 February 2010

Return of the birds.


Like me, the local bird community had assumed all this white boringness had finished.
I saw a butterfly a few days ago sunning itself on the front wall, the lilac is nearly in leaf, and we should all know better. It's just hope of course, and a longing to get on with putting seed potatoes in.
The bird song had just started in the early mornings; I put a sign up in the garden saying 'Its only February, stop tweeting and find more food' but they are just as hopeful and foolish as me. This morning we had blackbirds, sparrows, chaffinch, bullfinch, greenfinch, many sorts of tit, partridge (not in a pear tree) wrens, small stripy birds and tiny greeny-yellow birds. The seed stocks are low, as is our wood pile. I did look briefly at property in Belize, but am back on track after getting all the washing done, which is now forming into an ice sculpture outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment