Friday 16 September 2011

Onwards and forwards...


The boy person has grown up a lot over the summer, (as is to be expected . . .) I am no longer allowed to say: "it's time for snuggly bed" . . . (well, only to Mark), and if I walk with him to college, the gap widens between him and me as we approach the establishment; all good normal stuff.
He has been through many many phases: reptiles, roller-blading, mice, electronics, chemistry, Japanese cooking, knitting, art generally and drumming. The last two are the ones that are sticking the most, and in particular the art of animation at the moment.
Here he is with parrot helper (providing hideous squawking and ample amounts of poo) working on his program 'Flash' for animators. I think this one might last as a life-interest - a good melange of imagination, drawing skills and techno. Time will tell.
I think I may have only just figured out what I want to do many decades on from him, and if he's anything like us he may take a very wandery path through life's forest, going off at tangents to look at a new butterfly here, falling into a muddy pond there, but generally having an interesting time.
Or maybe he will be one of those people who say 'I just always knew I wanted to be a . . . Probably simpler, but in the world as it is now perhaps it will be easier to turn a hand to cooking, gardening, writing, taxi driving, whatever; seems like the days of sticking it out for the gold clock are a long way lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment